Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions – Postdoctoral Fellowship (MSCA-PF)
We are looking for promising young researches to apply for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions – Postdoctoral Fellowship with the Faculty of Law as the host institution. If you are young researcher with PhD, who completed their PhD before 13th September 2023 and not longer than 8 years ago and who have not resided in the Czech Republic for more than 12 months during the last 3 years at the time of the 13th September 2023, interested in conducting your own research in the areas listed below, please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, list of publications and annotation of your project – ASAP!
What does this collaboration offer you? The background and support of a strong organization, collaboration with experienced scientists, gaining research experience, opening up opportunities for further cooperation, additional contacts and friendships and much more. MSCA super gross will be salary of approximately EUR 5000 per month.
Below you can find the research areas and expertise of our academics.
JUDr. Lucia Madleňáková, Ph.D.
- Lucia is the head of the Department of Clinical Legal Education and Professional Skills Development (former Centre for Clinical Legal Education) since 2019.
- She is the head supervisor of an in-house live-client legal clinic named Student legal aid office. She is also the supervisor of the street law program. She is a member of the Global Alliance for Justice Education. She regularly attends international conferences on clinical legal education and publishes in this area.
- Her main research focus is in the area of clinical legal education, street law and efficiency of strategies to develop teaching skills of students.
- Lucia is also an expert in administrative law and wrote her Ph.D. thesis on religious freedom in administrative law. She focuses on administrative issues related to human rights in the area of public health, religious freedom and administrative sanctions.
JUDr. Maxim Tomoszek, Ph.D.
- Maxim was the director of the Centre for Clinical Legal Education in the years 2008-2016. Since 2016 he serves at the Faculty of Law of Palacký University as vice-dean for education.
- Maxim is a member of the Steering Committee of the Global Alliance for Justice Education since 2013 and a member of the board of the European Network for Clinical Legal Education since 2013. He is also a member of the board of directors of Pro Bono Aliance since 2016. He is also a member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Clinical Legal Education.
- Maxim regularly publishes about the role of legal clinics in the law school’s curriculum, about social justice elements in legal education and about professional ethics.
- Maxim is also an expert in comparative constitutional law and wrote his Ph.D. thesis on constitutional responsibility in Poland. He focuses on the rule of law, constitutional responsibility and social rights.
JUDr. Veronika Tomoszková, Ph.D.
- Veronika was the director of the Centre for Clinical Legal Education in the years 2016-2019. She is a member of the European Network for Clinical Legal Education and the Global Alliance for Justice Education. She regularly attends international conferences on clinical legal education and publishes in this area.
- Her main research focus in the area of clinical legal education are effects of clinical legal education on students and the development of student ability to act according to professional values.
- Veronika is also an expert in Czech, European and International environmental law and wrote her Ph.D. thesis on spatial planning. She focuses on spatial planning and the right to a healthy environment.
Mgr. Daniel Pospíšil
- Daniel works as an assistant at the Department for Clinical Legal Education at this Faculty of Law. Currently, he is a postgraduate student at the Department of Administrative and Financial Law. He participates in teaching the following courses: Legal Skills Course, Introduction to the Study of Law, Street Law, and Administrative Justice.
- Daniel is also a member of the Global Alliance for Justice Education (GAJE) and attended international conferences organized by this alliance and by the European Network of Clinical Legal Education (ENCLE); e.g. in Turkey, Spain, Italy, Poland, South Africa, etc.
- His main research focus in the area of clinical legal education is the efficiency of legal skills teaching methods. He also focuses on developing students' professional skills for the provision of legal services. He is also interested in the area of AI (Artificial Intelligence) and its influence on the future provision of legal services.
- He has also been working in the legal office in Olomouc since 2020 and he also works as a communications and external relations officer at this Faculty of Law.
JUDr. Mgr. Zdeněk Kopečný
- Zdeněk works as Assistant Professor at the Department for Clinical Legal Education at the Faculty of Law. He participates in teaching the following courses: Legal Skills Course, Criminal Law Clinic I and II, Professional Skills Course and Students´ Legal Office.
- Zdeněk is a member of the European Network for Clinical Legal Education and Global Alliance for Justice Education. He regularly attends international conferences on clinical legal education with papers connected with clinical legal education.
- His main research focus in the area of clinical legal education is teaching methods in the field of criminal law education both in simulated and live client clinics.
- Zdeněk is also an attorney running his Legal office in Olomouc focusing on criminal law cases.
JUDr. Martin Škurek, Ph.D.
- Martin is a lecturer at the Department for Clinical Legal Education since 2022. He is also a member of the National Council of Persons with Disabilities of the Czech Republic. He regularly attends conferences, workshops and seminars on clinical legal education and publishes in this area.
- His main research focus in the area of clinical legal education is the development of students’ skills required in legal counseling and the impact of the use of modern technologies on the delivery of clinical legal education and legal counseling.
- Martin is also an expert in Czech and European administrative law and wrote his Ph.D. thesis on the European administrative penalty law. He focuses on administrative law, social security law and legislation for persons with disabilities.
JUDr. Patrícia Mučka Pevala
- Patrícia studied at the Faculty of Law, Palacký University where she obtained her Master’s Degree and her Doctoral Degree (JUDr; Doctor of Law). Currently, she is postragudal student at the Department of Administrative and Financial Law at the Faculty of Law, Palacký University and she also works as an assistant judge in the administrative department of the Regional Court in Ostrava-Olomouc.
- Patrícia further teaches at the Department of Law at the University of Business and Law in Ostrava as an external lecturer where she focuses on teaching administrative law.
- During the master´s study she participated in international conferences in Turkey, Spain and Polland. Patrícia is also a member of the Global Alliance for Justice Education. At the Faculty of Law, she leads the Lessons Street law program dealing with primary school teaching.
Section of Public International Law
Prof. JUDr. Dalibor Jílek, CSc.
- Research focuses on international protection of human rights, humanitarian law, children’s rights and the international status of refugees or persons without residence permit
- Prof. Jílek served two terms as a member of the Advisory Committee on the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities.
- Since 2001 member of the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance of the Council of Europe (ECRI)
- Since 1994, prof. Jílek has been on the list of arbitrators of the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague.
JUDr. Pavel Bureš, Ph.D, D.E.A.
- Pavel´s research focus mainly on general international law, human rights and theory of human rights, international procedure, position of individuals in international law, international investment law.
- Pavel is a member of the Czech Society of International Law, member of the European Society of International Law.
- External member of Centre de recherche VIP de la Faculté de droit et de science politique de l’Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin en Yvelines.
JUDr. Martin Faix, Ph.D., MJI
- General international law, law of international organisations, international human rights law, international law on the use of force and law of armed conflicts.
- Head of the Centre for International Humanitarian and Operational Law at the Palacky University
- Alternate member for the Czech Republic of the Management Board of the EU Agency for Fundamental Rights (2015-2020); co-author of national reports for the EU Fundamental Rights Agency
- Member of the Centre of Excellence for Human Rights of the Charles University in Prague (since 2012)
- Laureate of the Miroslav Liberda Award (2017) by the Palacký University Faculty of Law; Holder of the Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship
- Participant of Venice Academy of Human Rights (2010), International Law Seminar (Geneva, 2011), and various other internships and courses
Mgr. Petr Stejskal, LL.M., Ph.D.
- Generally, issues of public international law (international investment law, interpretation of international treaties, coercion in international law, law of armed conflict, hybrid threats)
- In greater detail, protection of foreign investments in armed conflict, foreign investment screening, law of international sanctions, international law regime of utilisation of transboundary water sources and its links to international security
- Rich international experience (Czech Missions to the UN in Geneva, New York, research stays at the University of Johannesburg, University of Vienna and the Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University (IREDIES) and guest lectures for foreign universities (University of Pretoria, Hebrew University Jerusalem, University of Edinburgh, University of Vienna, University of Minnesota)
- Awardee of the Jacques Derrida Price for Social Sciences and Humanities 2021 (2nd place, The Embassy of France in the Czech Republic and the Karel Janeček Foundation)
- Participant of the Winter Courses at the Hague Academy of International Law (2019)
- Member of the European Society of International Law, Czech Society of International Law and of the Centre for Humanitarian and Operational Law
Assoc. prof. JUDr. Ondřej Svaček, LL.M., Ph.D.
- General issues of public international law (state responsibility, jurisdictional immunities, creation of states)
- Specifically, issues concerning international criminal law, human rights law and international law on the use of force.
Dr Marko Svicevic, LL.Dip.
- Public international law; use of force in international law, United Nations Security Council practice, international peace and security, African Union law, law of armed conflict, and extradition law
- Post-doctoral Research Fellow | South African Research Chair in International Law, University of Johannesburg
- Marko is a regional coordinator, Sub-Saharan Africa, for the Digest of State Practice of the Journal of the Use of Force and International Law
- He is a member of the International Law Association (South African Branch), the Australian and New Zealand Society of International Law, the European Society of International Law, and the Association of Young Criminal Lawyers
Section of Private International Law
JUDr. Miluše Hrnčiříková, Ph.D.
- International Commercial Arbitration
- European Civil Procedure
JUDr. Mag.iur. Michal Malacka, Ph.D., MBA
- Private International Law
- International Commercial Law
- International Business Mediation and Arbitration.
JUDr. et Mgr. Lukáš Ryšavý, Ph.D.
- International Private Law
- EU Law
- Arbitration and Mediation.
Mgr. Slavomír Halla, Ph.D.
- private international law
- particular interest in the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, international commercial arbitration and international contract drafting
- supervision of student teams in VIS Moot Court (international sales and arbitration) and PAX Moot Court (EU conflicts of law)
- extensive practice in the field of energy & contract law, legal supervision of major commercial investments
Section of EU Law
Ass. prof. JUDr. Naděžda Šišková, Ph.D.
- Head of Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence in EU Law and Jean Monnet Chair in EU Law She is a guarantor and a key scholar of the subjects: „Constitutional Law of the EU“
- President of the Czech Association of European studies
- Founder and Chief Editor of the Journal „European Studies. The Review of European Law, Economics and Politics”
- coordinator of the Jean Monnet Multicultural Research Group
- author of about 120 publications
- EU Law, especially human rights protection at the level of the EU; Union´s Area of Freedom, Security and Justice, External Relations Law of the EU (especially Eastern Partnership and Association law), International and Institutional Law of the EU, Reform of the Union, EU Asylum and migration policy
- Political sciences (International relations)
Assoc. prof. JUDr. Václav Stehlík, LL.M., Ph.D.
- EU integration, including EU Constitutional Law, EU Human Rights Protection, EU Internal Market, EU judicial system or EU External Relations Law.
- Research focus on the EU judicial system, enforcement of EU market rules in national legal orders, clash between national procedural rules and EU law, EU rules on the human rights protection or EU migration law
- Fulbright Researcher at the John Marshall Law School in Chicago
- External evaluator of research projects (esp. National Science Agency in Poland, Slovakia, European Commission in Brussels – Horizon 2020, etc.)
- Holder of Jean Monnet Chair awarded by the European Commission (since 2015).
JUDr. Ondrej Hamuľák, Ph.D.
- Relations and interactions between EU law and national law, the theoretical impacts of the membership in the EU on the state sovereignty, the legitimacy and rule of law within the EU, in particular system of protection of fundamental rights at supranational level.
- Issues of application of EU by Czech Constitutional Court, EU Criminal law cooperation and EU human rights protection
- senior researcher at Faculty of Law, Comenius University in Bratislava (Slovakia); since 2018 Adjunct Professor in EU Strategic Legal Affairs at Tallinn Law School, TalTech, Estonia; visiting lecturer at Paneuropean University in Bratislava, Faculty of Law (Slovakia), University College of International and Public Relations Prague (Czech Republic), Faculty of Law, PJS University in Košice (Slovakia) where he teaches EU law related courses.
Ass. Prof. JUDr. Michal Petr, Ph.D.
- EU law, in particular competition law, state aid, public procurement and regulation of network industries
- Worked for the OECD in 2011 and 2012 and at the Czech Competition Authority as Head of Legislation Department (2003 - 2009), Director of the Section of Legislation and International Relations (2009 - 2010) and the Vice-Chairman responsible for completion law and policy (2010 – 2015).
- Member of the editorial board of the ANTITRUST and Public Governance, Administration and Finances Law Review, as well as national correspondent for the European Competition and Regulatory law Review, member of the advisory appellate committee of the Czech Competition Authority and the Czech National Bank.
Mgr. et Mgr. Helena Bončková, LL.M.
- Judicial application of EU law in the member states, judicial dialogue and use of preliminary ruling procedure as well as protection of fundamental rights in the EU.
- Helena is assistant to judge and former president of the Supreme Administrative Court of the Czech Republic. She obtained a Master’s degree in Law and Legal Science at the Faculty of Law as well as in International Relations and European Studies at the Faculty of Social Studies, both at the Masaryk’s University in Brno. She further studied European Litigation at the University of Luxembourg (LL.M. Eur).
- Since 2018 editor of the Czech Republic Human Rights Review.
Mgr. et Mgr. Ondřej Filipec, Ph.D.
- Research focuses on international security issues, especially hybrid threats, terrorism or migration, mainly in the context of the European Union
- Dr. Filipec is member of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence in EU law, Czech Association of Political Science, Czech Association for European Studies or editorial board of the Slovak Journal of Political Sciences (Scopus) or Central European Journal of International and Security Studies (Scopus)
- In history he worked in various international organizations including the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) or European Commission (DG COMM)
- Absolvent of the Capacity Development Initiative of the Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBTO)
Mgr. Lucie Tungul, Ph.D., M.A.
- EU integration including the EU accession process, economic integration, and decision-making processes
- Democratization, human rights, gender
- Turkish politics
- Head of Research at think tank TOPAZ, Prague and President of its Academic Board
- Member of Academic Council at Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies, russels
- Member of the Czech Political Science Association executive board and executive editor of its academic journal Czech Political Science Review
Mgr. Petra Měšťánková, Ph.D.
- Political parties, democratization, non-democratic regimes, separatism, executive-legislative relations, Spanish politics, Central European politics, Latinamerican presidential systems
- Head of Department of Political Science and Social Sciences, Faculty of Law, Palacký University in Olomouc (2016-nowadays)
- Country expert for Varieties of Democracy (v-dem.net), V-Dem Institute, University of Gothenburg, and Helen Kellogg Institute for International Studies, University of Notre Dame. Cluster: the legislature
Ass. Prof. PhDr. Vlastimil Fiala, CSc.
- Author of more than ten monographs; combining African studies and political science methods with emphasis on empirical approach. Main Czech specialist in African political partisanship.
- Non-democratic systems
- Political Parties and Party Systems
- African Politics
Ing. Jana Bellová, Ph.D.
- Application of Economic Analysis of Law, Behavioral Economics, Economics of Happiness, Economics in connection with Financial Law
Ass. Prof. PhDr. Lenka Holá, Ph.D.
- Alternative dispute resolution methods
- Mediation in criminal and civil matters
- Registered mediator and practice of mediation under the Mediation Act (since 2015)
- Member of the Working Group on Mediation of the Ministry of Justice of the Czech Republic